SHELTER: My home - Exterior paint choices

SHELTER
 
thumbnail My home - Exterior paint choices
Sep 26th 2017, 21:08, by My name: Julie My design firm: SHELTER


Hello, hello...So glad to be able to sit and blog today! I shared this photo of my kiddos on insta the other day. We had just gotten back from flag football, hence my son's sweaty forehead! The gallery wall is also a work in progress but the real story here is I'm finally getting new windows and redoing the front of my little ranchola!! I can't wait to dive in and paint the facade, the problem is, it's a simple home architecturally but I still want it to look gorgeous. I thought I'd share my thoughts, feel free to chime in on what you like for color schemes!! I will share paint chip ideas tomorrow. I can make decisions for my clients no problem but for my own home?? Not so much. Thoughts?? xx

Body of the house:

 - I am either going with  1. White or 2. Pale Grey 
Here are some nice examples. The next question is to add shutters back on or go without. I am leaning towards shutters. I typically love white houses with black shutters on classic homes but I am not sure how I feel about it on my home. 

            White facade:


White with grey shutters (this is soft and pretty)



Warm white with blue grey shutters


Pale Grey with black shutters:
(this cape is adorable)
  

 Now onto the door color choice. I currently have a black door. I love glossy black doors but because my house is simple, I think I'd like to differentiate it with a pop of color on the door. I am also not married (as most of you know) so I am not dealing with a guy's opinion either. I currently have a black storm door with a glass insert. (which I absolutely need in Boston during the cooler months)


Door choices
(it will be in a high gloss paint)

A rich glossy blue (not navy)


Coral 

 Glossy black - my entrance is far from this stunning!!


 Pink
(this shade is pretty perfect)

Pale blue



You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. By using Blogtrottr, you agree to our polices, terms and conditions.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHELTER: Shelter loves sneak peek ....

Shelter + Ace Hardware + A DIY

Reading nook